Wednesday 8 May 2013

Seven Days of Green Smoothies - DAYS 5 & 6



My family and I were away for the weekend - and traveling tends to throw a wrench in my smoothie plans. I thought about packing the blender...but decided on a pre-made powder for the two days we would be away. I am a big fan of real food, but sometimes convenience becomes a necessity and, luckily, there are some very decent options for getting greens in your diet in an easy, blender-free way.

Recently I've become very attached to Vega products. They have a great line of vegan protein options and newer products that also have greens. Vega One is what I used while on the road, however Genuine Health has Greens+ products that are also good. Even simple spirulina powder would work.

The Vega powders mix easily - basically all you need is a shaker cup and a liquid. I recommend 8-12 oz. per scoop of powder. Audrey's favourite combination is almond milk and the french vanilla powder.  Natural works well in diluted fruit juice (1/2 water, 1/2 pineapple is a nice combo).

More information on the Vega products can be found at myvega.com

When doing your best to eat well, it's nice to know there are options on those busy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment